Project managers are vital assets of an organization. They build the foundation of a business by not only creating project workflows but also ensuring the timely execution of those projects. Notable surveys report that PMP-certified project managers are highly efficient in handling 70% of high-performing projects alone. On the other hand, companies having one-third of their project managers qualified with PMP certification tends to accomplish more growth and success than companies that don’t have PMP certified managers.
So, if you are planning to pursue a career in project management, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification can help build your rapport and credibility in the corporate field. PMP is a renowned designation provided by PMI (Project Management Institute). In the year 2016, this industry-recognized project management certification was announced to be the world’s fifth highest-paying certification. Interestingly, PMP professionals are usually found in top-end global organizations, managing and leading crucial projects.
You will find several PMP course providers in Dubai. However, before enrolling in their programs, read this blog till the end to gather important information about Project Management Professional certification – what exactly it is, the eligibility criteria, topics covered, and the benefits of completing this certification course.
Project Management Professional is an internationally acknowledged professional certification that enables career enthusiasts to develop project management skills. According to PMI, this is an accredited certification program that examines an individual’s capabilities to manage high-performing projects.
PMP is an examination process that determines whether applicants have the criticality, eminence, specialized skills, project management knowledge, and organization to spot positions as project managers in global organizations.
Project Management Professional qualification is specifically designed for experienced project managers, willing to improve their project management skills, become more appealing to employers, and heighten their earning potential. A pro tip for entry-level employees – gain a few years of experience as a project manager before delving into a PMP course.
Below are the two conditions to appear for the PMP exam:
A secondary diploma, degree, associate’s degree, or global equivalent with a minimum project management experience of 5 years, leading & directing projects for 7,500 hours along with 35 hours of project management education.
A four-year bachelor’s degree or global equivalent with a minimum project management experience of 3 years, leading & directing projects for 4,500 hours along with 35 hours of project management education.
Now that you know the eligibility criteria, keep reading to know some of the key facts about PMP certification in Dubai:
You will need to submit some coursework or projects during the certification program.
- You will need to sit for a computer-based exam comprising 200 questions.
- The total duration of the PMP examination is 4 hours and you need to complete it within the timeframe.
- The PMP test paper is available in English, Arabic, and several other languages. Choose your preferred language to appear for the exam.
Topics Covered in the PMP Course
The PMP qualification program covers five different topics of project management. These include “Initiating” which covers 13% of the entire PMP test paper, “Planning” which accounts for 24%, “Executing” which accounts for 31%, “Monitoring and Controlling” which accounts for 25% and “Closing” which accounts for 7% of the overall test questions.
Benefits of the PMP Certification Course
Acquiring PMP certificates enable professionals to explore new career opportunities. Not only that, but it also offers several other benefits such as:
- Adds Value to Resume: As already stated, PMP qualification is one of the most valuable certifications across the globe. Given the demand for project management jobs, employers prioritize PMP-certified profiles more than non-certified ones.
- Builds Industry Recognition: PMP certification is a globally recognized qualification that can help you stand out from your competitors. The PMP course will enable you to upgrade your project management skills regardless of which industry or location you are placed in.
- Increases Earning Potential: This is the biggest advantage of taking up a PMP course. The average salary of PMP-certified project managers is usually higher than that of non-certified professionals. Notable surveys report that certified PMP managers earn almost 20% higher than their non-certified counterparts. And this trend is evident across the globe, including in Dubai.
- Grows Networking Opportunities: PMI organizes meetings and networking sessions for PMP certification holders living in major cities across the world. Hence, completing the PMP course will open opportunities for you to connect with other professionals. Not only that, PMI interacts with certified project managers through several online and offline communities. This also contributes to building a broad professional network.
Presently, the demand for project managers is significantly higher than in other professions. Hence, becoming a PMP-certified project manager can enable you to add more value to your profile and improve your earnings. However, just ensure to consult a reliable HR consultancy in Dubai to check out the available project management jobs after completing the PMP course.
Leave a Reply